This Policy will inform you as to how we look after your Personal Information, your privacy rights, how the law protects you, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing your Personal Information when you visit our website www.americanwomenartists.org (our “Website”) or use any of our online services (for example, to register for events) (collectively, the Website and online services are referred to as the “Services”)
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your Personal Information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Services because we will not be able to perform the services.
The Services are offered and available to users who are 16 years of age or older. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that you are 16 years of age or older. If you are under 16 years of age, you must not access or use the Services.
1. IMPORTANT INFORMATION
On this Website;
In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and AWA; and
When you interact with our advertising on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy.
2. THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
“Personal Information” means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified, or that relates to, describes, references or is reasonably capable of being associated with the individual. It does not include data where the person’s identity has been removed.
We collect several types of Personal Information from and about users of our Services and members of AWA, including the following:
Identity Data such as first name and last name
Contact Data such as email address and mailing address
Technical/Network Data such as internet protocol (IP) addresses and/or browser plug-in types and versions.
Commercial/Transaction Data such as details about transactions with you and other details of services or the membership you have purchased from us.
Profile Data such as details specific to the user’s profile/account.
Usage Data such as information about how you use our Services.
Marketing and Communications Data such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and any third parties, and your communication preferences.
We also use a third-party payment processor to handle all payment processing transaction data, and we therefore do not have access to any Financial Data, such as details about payments, billing addresses, or debit/credit card information.
We do collect Technical/Network Data. As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain Technical/Network Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We do not use automated technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services.
The Technical/Network Data helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches
- Recognize you when you return to our Services.
4. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
We use different methods to collect this information from you and about you including:
Direct interactions. You may give us your Personal Information by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by mail, phone, email or otherwise. This includes Personal Information you provide when you:
Register as a member of AWA and use our Services
Donate to AWA;
Subscribe to receive our communications and newsletters;
Request marketing be sent to you;
Fill out a form or contact our representatives; or
Give us some feedback or report a problem with our Services.
Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our Website and/or Services, we may automatically collect Technical/Network Data via cookies.
Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive Personal Information about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
Technical Data from analytics providers (such as, Google);
Contact or Transaction Data from providers of payment processing services submitted by you detailing the transactions you carry out through our Services.
Identity, Contact and Education/Other Data from our museum and gallery affiliates and art magazines.
The Website and our Services do not have the functionality for users to submit contributions directly (e.g., a forum), but you may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Services, or transmitted to other users of the Services or third parties. User Contributions will be posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including your Personal Information for the following purposes:
To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information.
To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, Services, and products.
To create, maintain, customize, and secure your membership account with us.
To process your requests, donations, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
To provide you with updates and marketing communications about products, services and offers that may be relevant to you.
To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets and business.
For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, Services and products.
To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
As described to you when collecting your Personal Information.
To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of AWA’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by AWA about our Website users is amount the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
5. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We may also disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy with the parties described below:
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of AWA’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by AWA about our Services’ users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to or not opted out of these communications.
- To third parties including museum, galleries, and art magazines.
6. CHILDREN AND PRIVACY
We are a nonprofit organization and our website and services are not directed to children under the age of 13. If you believe that we have inadvertently collected information from a child under the age of 13, please contact AWA at the Contact Information provided below.
7. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER
If you are located in a province, country, or other government jurisdiction outside of the United States, and if you choose to provide your Personal Information to AWA through our Services, please be aware that your Personal Information will be transferred to and maintained on computers located in the United States and the applicable US privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction.
8. DATA SECURITY
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. We also limit access to Personal Information to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties who have a business need to know. These individuals will only process your Personal Information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of the data transmitted to or through our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
9. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Do Not Track (DNT) Signals. AWA does not use automated technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. We do not share your Personal Information with any unaffiliated third parties for advertising purposes.
- Updates and Promotional Offers from AWA. AWA will use your e-mail address to send updates and promotions by email and newsletters which may include solicitations for museum advertisements to artists selected for particular the particular show. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used by AWA to communicate these updates or marketing offers to you for AWA and third party promotions, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to the e-mail address below in the Contact Information section or by clicking “Unsubscribe” in the email communication. This opt-out will apply to all electronic communications with AWA. If you choose to opt-out of receiving any electronic communications from AWA you understand that this will limit AWA’s ability to communicate with you regarding particular shows or to provide other updates to you.
- Targeted Advertising. We do not use Personal Information to perform targeted advertising. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS UNDER CALIFORNIA LAW
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please e-mail us at the address listed in the Contact Information section below.
10. CONTACT INFORMATION
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, please reach us by email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
AWA was one of the first organizations that approached me to join when I was starting out. I was thrilled to be showing with artists of their caliber.
AWA Master Member, CO